1 Nov 2021

What's up with me? Recent findings and good birds

Ah, gotta love being in your mid-20s and moving a mile a minute! Haven't really had much going on bird-wise in the last little while, just out of my move and work has been busy! Not to mention the weather has been the next level of crap! 

Anyhow, I still got some good sightings September only added 8 species for me and so far October hasn't added a single species to my list. The latest include a Long-billed Dowitcher that I chased with Liam, and it counts as the first for my HSA birds! Was a little hectic of a find. Took a lot of scoping and some real muddy crappy conditions. I finally managed to locate the bird just before it flew, but Liam initially missed it. After another 15-20 mins of searching, he finally relocated the bird and got some decent photos considering the distance! This was a lifer for him and only my 4th individual!  

The others were a pair of Hudsonian Godwit and a White-rumped Sandpiper found along Haldibrook Road, unfortunately, they were not on the Haldimand side of the road! The White-rumped was long-awaited, I could not believe I hadn't seen it yet for the year! 

Now more recently I've started to get some banding done! This nabbed me my FOY Philadelphia Vireo and a Swainson's and Gray-cheeked Thrush in the same day so great comparison! 

Finally, we got ear of a Yellow-throated Warbler in Bronte Bluffs Park, not a big park but it would still be a bit of a search for it! After running into some familiar faces we got on the warbler and counts as my first for Ontario! 

Yellow-throated Warbler (thanks Liam for the picture), it was flitting up in the treetops but was still a great bird! ~Halton ON
Ruby-crowned Kinglet, this little guy was pretty easy to take out of the net, always forget how tiny they really are! ~ Haldimand ON
Lovely Hermit Thrush completed the migrant Catharus thrush trifecta for the fall ~ Haldimand ON
Really bright Philadelphia Vireo, the first one I've ever banded! ~ Haldimand ON
Yellow-rumped Warbler ~ Haldimand ON
Gray-cheeked Thrush ~ Haldimand ON
Blackpoll Warbler ~ Haldimand ON
Juv Male Indigo Bunting ~ Haldimand ON
Swainson's Thrush ~ Haldimand ON
Blackburnian Warbler ~ Haldimand ON


No comments:

Post a Comment