17 Apr 2020

Snow...Again.

This year has been just a roller coaster for Haldimand County with a couple bouts of bad snow storms and immediately afterwards was the epidemic and since that has started we have had a wind storm at speeds of 90 km/h. Now we have set for snow today and the last 2 days before today. 

I can only think about the birds in the wild having to deal with these cold weathers they migrate to avoid (it was -1°C this morning and -5°C yesterday morning). The Hermit Thrush and a lot of other birds can deal with the cold better than other as I have seen Hermit Thrush into November but the Gray Catbird could be in rough shape, I will not be able to get out to look this morning. 

I did get some shots of a Field Sparrow chilling in the bush in front of my parents' place and an American Goldfinch and Downy Woodpecker sitting on the deck behind their place. 

I think I speak for as all (including the birds) when I say I am done with winter and want spring to be back again! 
Female Downy Woodpecker - Haldimand ON
Male American Goldfinch - Haldimand ON
Field Sparrow - Haldimand ON

No comments:

Post a Comment