2 Apr 2020

Week 13 (March 23rd to March 29th)

This week came at me much worse than last for COVID-19. Now all of the non-essential businesses are closed and I am working from home (or my parent's place) so I had a little more access to a sweet birding area! Just awesome for me.

Before that though I did get out to a couple other spots, even got to see my first Blue-winged Teal of the year, and hopefully not my last! That was the Hagersville Quarries where I also picked up the first White-winged Scoter for Haldimand bringing my life list up to 209! I also got out to Ruthven a few times but nothing significant happened there. I also got to peak out at Port Maitland (about 5 mins from where I live currently) and man what a disappointment this year! Nothing notable whatsoever unfortunately. This was all before the banding season starts April 1st. 

The real excitement comes from going to the wetland I mentioned. Racking up 28 species in just a couple hours including 7 species of waterfowl and 5 Bald Eagles! It should be interesting to stay away from people in this self-isolation and see some interesting birds in the process over the next few weeks with the travel limit I have self-inflicted, mostly me trying to avoid the GTHA like the plague! I know I may be missing out on some stuff like Wilson Snipe and Dunlin but all in good time. 

This week should be interesting. 

Week Totals:
Species: 49
Individuals: 1030  


Golden-crowned Kinglet - Haldimand ON

Song Sparrow - Haldimand ON

No comments:

Post a Comment