12 Jan 2021

Starting the year off Strong!

 Ah COVID-19, the talk of the decade and it's only 2021. Now we are in the second wave, the worst part of any pandemic. And it shows, over 3000 cases a day in Ontario alone, even the numbers in the Haldimand/Norfolk area have reached almost 200 cases, and with this, our world has come to a lockdown, it's been 24 days, and since then I haven't left Haldimand County besides work. It has actually been quite the year all considered. 

Already topping my 2020 January count within less than 2 weeks! This includes my first warbler of the year! If anyone remembers last year, my first warbler did not come until almost 5 months from now! It was a Yellow-rumped Warbler that has been hanging around on the Rotary Riverside Trail in Caledonia. Reported by a few acquaintances of mine (and of course someone I've been birding with for years). 

I have a couple of good birds for the year, including 2 Snowy Owls, 2 Short-eared Owls, and 4 Rough-legged Hawks! 

Northern Mockingbird posing really well for me, always a couple at Taquanyah! 

Found this girl driving around for Snow Buntings, but got this surprise! (thought she was a piece of ice at first)

One of my all-time favourite birds, a Brown Creeper! It was also one of the first birds I've ever banded! 

This far shot nabbed me my first Rough-legged Hawk photo! I don't think it turned out too bad. 

Even though this bird was in low light it's the best time to find them; Short-eared Owl! 


No comments:

Post a Comment