27 Jan 2020

2019 Birding Rundown

2019 Rundown 

2019 was a great year for me and all of the birding I did. I seen over 200 species (a personal high for me) and visited a lot of new places including Point Pelee National Park in early May getting my high of 100 species in a single day!

Although not birding much in the winter (January-early March) and in the summer (late June - late August) I got a lot more in between May and September in peak migration season. Seeing lifers like Willet and Connecticut Warbler.

The year ended with me seeing 34 lifers and accumulating more than 17,000 individual birds seen.

2019 was amazing and I cannot wait for 2020 with my goal of birding every day for the whole year (already at 29 days straight going in) and travelling throughout the year (including PEI in August or late July), bring on 2020!

Common Loon - Lake Nosbonsing Ontario

No comments:

Post a Comment