7 Feb 2020

Week 5 (January 26th - February 1st)

Sorry for the late post!

The beginning of the week was a very typical January week; cold, short and the birds were far from in between. From Sunday to Friday the only species I seen were very common, so I will not bore you with my mundane sightings. The real day was Saturday.

I ran all over the place! Niagara, Hamilton, Burlington and all around Haldimand. I accumulated 12 new species for the year, including a lifer Glaucous Gull! It was a huge runaround but I loved it. Did not find any Sandhill Crane or Snow Bunting but I still have more time this winter for those birds.

En route to find some Snow Bunting (unsuccessfully) but there was a large group of Wild Turkey so I pulled over to see if I could see any other birds feeding along side them but got an amazing view of a Rough-legged Hawk! Flew right over the field about 100m from myself. I went to get a picture of this bird, pulled out my camera and took some shots but, me being me, I left my SD card in the card reader... definitely something I will never do again!

Week's end totals:
Species: 36
Individuals: 1,351

American Black Duck - Burlington, ON

No comments:

Post a Comment