25 Feb 2020

Week 7 (February 9 - February 15)

February has been pretty slow and very stormy. A lot of snow, it seems like winter has finally caught up to us. Along with these storms comes the low sightings of birds during the week.

Saturday marked the 75th straight day of birding. So, to celebrate I tried to go out and see some new birds for the year, and I did! Headed out along the shores of the lake and managed to round up about 30 Horned Lark and a small flock of Sandhill Crane!

Funny story about the Sandhill Cranes. I was actually not even birding! Definitely cool, I was driving down the road coming back from getting groceries and boom! I look up and 4 Sandhill Crane fly over, necks and legs outstretched, right over the car. It has been almost a year since I have seen Sandhill Crane, and it is definitely awesome to see.

Week's end totals:
Species: 16
Individuals: 111

Hairy Woodpecker - Halton ON

Horned Lark - Haldimand ON

No comments:

Post a Comment