9 Mar 2020

Week 9 (February 23 - March 1st)

Week 9 in 2020. Pretty slow week, did not get to go out birding too terribly much due to lots of traveling. Sunday I only birded from the window of my parents' house and seen a lot of House Sparrows, in fact it was the entirety of what I seen.

The week presented an interesting view, large flocks of Canada Geese are congregating at the pond behind my work. The largest flock was 174! This is just a mid-sized drainage pond, so just imagine how full this pond is. It snowed a little this week so it was hovering around 0°C for the most part which meant there was a little ice but all in all the weather seems to be getting warmer and warmer.

Saturday was definitely a slow day. I traveled to Montreal with one of my friends and did a little partying with the Canadiens' victory over the Canes! While this was great for the sports fan inside me, the birder was far from happy with the 6 hour drive. I did catch a surprise Iceland Gull at an OnRoute in Port Hope, Northumberland County but other than that the weekend was definitely a bust for birds. I did pick up a few flyover Common Raven on Sunday morning pulling my year total up to 83, but other than that it was a pretty slow weekend to follow a slow week.

On the bright side the sun is staying out longer and Daylights Savings creeping up I will be able to start birding after work again! Counting down the days!

Week's end totals:
Species: 13
Individuals: 494

Photos to be added. Did not upload any yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment